Sunday, November 30, 2008

Headhunter

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I'd been out for drinks with a headhunter who I think fancies me (although as Claire points out, I think all women fancy me now). It was Wednesday last week, we met for a drink after work at five-ish, then we ended up drinking til about nine. I rarely drink so for me this was a prodigious feat of endurance. She told me about half-way through that it was her birthday, and I had a faint little alarm bell going off that she'd chosen to be with me on her birthday even though we've only met a couple of times.

Next day I sent her a chatty email, including my resume, and said "I've had to leave out some of my skills as they're unsuitable for a work email". I can't help myself with this stuff. At least I didn't say I could provide references...

Anyway, we've been exchanging emails today and she slipped in that she'd had breakfast with her boyfriend yesterday. This is great news! She's attached! And she's restless! I will, of course, update you on developments.

I responded by asking what her boyfriend was like, and saying that I too had been a bit circumspect about my private life. Interesting...

No comments: