Thursday, July 10, 2008

Quiet

Why, I can hear you asking, this sudden quiet patch? I'm in a different city this week and I'm looking after my kids while my ex-wife has a well-earned rest.

The family nextdoor have an 18yo daughter who's a university student. And one sure sign of the way that parental responsibilites have changed my life is that when I realised this, the first thing that came into my head was "I wonder if she babysits?". The answer, as it turns out, is yes.

I did manage to sneak out the other night for dinner with my ex. He asked me about my various love interests, especially my friend who runs a gallery (see a post a week or so ago). I told him that she was fine, and I'd been to her opening a week ago. He nearly lost a mouthful of food - the word 'opening' set him off, as I knew it would.

No comments: