Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sarah: Update (and not a great one either)

As the one or two you who ever read this will remember, Sarah is the charming married woman I get together with once every couple of weeks (not the crazy married one, please try to stay with me on this). We started out fucking, but in the last 6 months or so we've stopped, and we just go have lunch and talk. She's very engaging.

She's filled in the gap by fucking other men. And, in most cases, telling me about it. Her husband found out a couple of weeks ago (unattended email account, domestic emergency...) and read all her emails. He asked her about me, as I was the first one, and we were still seeing each other, so she told him that these days when we catch up we just talk about food and grammar (if you know me, you'll know how exactly me this is) and this seemed to make it worse.

He called me on Thursday night, but luckily I was on a date (!!??!!) and couldn't talk. Then by Friday she'd talked him out of calling me again. He has, however, barred her from ever speaking to me again. Which is a shame, so we said our farewells.

I am a character in a book she wrote. I'm a bit arrogant but I talk her character into being blindfolded and felt up by a stranger. I like that bit - it happened.

No comments: